background

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

New class

Good evening everyone.  Boy, has it been crazy in my house this last week.  My oldest son turned 18 and my youngest daughter turned 13!  I am feeling a bit aged with some platinum streaks in my hair!!!  I treasure my kids so much and have spent a amazing amount of time with them all this week.  I just can't believe that I have an 18 yr old!  Wow!  Seems like he was born yesterday.  I made a point of telling him that he will always be my baby boy!

 Besides the birthdays, the birthday parties, and general school stuff I did manage to get a bit creative this week too.  Rather mundane but I made trash cans (ugh) for the spare bathrooms.  They match better than anything I could buy.  Just seems a bit ugh to spend my time making trashcans though  :)  I also made all the party stuff for my daughters party.  Oh, and cakes.  Lots and lots of cakes.  Layered cakes, cupcakes, sheet cakes.  Lots of cakes.  I think these kids have hollow legs!   I somehow managed to not get a picture of the beautiful cake I made.  My daughter chose neon for her party.  Do you know how hard that is to make icing for?  Just took some time.  But the cake turned out so cute.  And seriously yummy (layered double vanilla and devil's food iced with classic buttercream).  Oh, I have to stop.  I am getting hungry!  On to this week.......

Tomorrow is my next class at Scrapp n' Savvy.  We will be making the Romantic Love Notes box using Prima Romantique papers.  I really love the look of this vintage box and all the pretties it holds.
The Tim Holtz feet really add to the vintage feel of this.  I have distress inked most of the items including the flowers.  I am more than pleased that my oldest daughter has taken a real liking to it.  I had planned to give it to her after I taught the class.  The box holds 6 cards/tags and I am going to write the things that I love about her on them.  A personal adoration and inspiration box.

It's late.  I still have instruction sheets to type and print.  Maybe finish the kits for tomorrow.  Kitchen to clean.  Check back.  I will have new pics up for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment