background

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Advent Calendar

I am soooo excited!  I just love how this turned out!  This is one of the advent calendars I have made.  This one is actually for sale (at the St Anthony St Nick's Market this weekend).  Of course each "box" has a treat in it but this one is just a little different.  Throughout the month the treat will be a piece to a nativity set.  Dec 1 is the star in the sky and Dec 25 is Baby Jesus.  It really brings home the meaning of Christmas to the little ones looking for treats.

This is the whole calendar:



and this is the nativity.
I think making all the advent wreaths and calendars has totally put me in the Christmas spirit.  We are putting up the tree on Sunday.  We always cut a fresh tree.  Looking forward to it.  I really wish we could be in our new house by Christmas but we will make the best of it in the rent house!  I am insanely busy trying to finish some orders and get ready for the show.  I know that come Sunday I will be in total Christmas gear to set up all the decorations.  Have several thoughts swirling right now!!!

Let me know what you think of this.  Have a great week!  Oh, and let me be the first to tell you: Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. It is GORGEOUS Terri!! How fun!! You need to make and sell your ABC book, I've had soooo many people ask where they can buy Ian's! Please post an update about how your weekend went!

    ReplyDelete