background

Friday, December 30, 2011

Snowfall

A few days ago I gave you a sneak peak of the gift I made for the exchange at Scrapp n Savvy.  I promised full pics and here they are!  There are quite a few.  Sorry about the poor lighting.  It was so overcast yesterday and I just couldn't seem to get enough light.  First are all of the tags (six of them).  Top pic will be the front and the next below will be the back.  Each tag is made to hold a gift card.










 Next is the actual box.  It is 4 x 4 x 6.5 inches.  The feet are "ice cubes" I purchased from the local craft store.  They sell them at Christmas for crafting.


The box has an acrylic front that is embossed with iridescent snowflakes.  The top stays closed with mini magnets.  The acrylic took me the most time because I ruined the first one I made!!!  I had never heat embossed on acrylic before and I accidentally heated it too much and the plastic rippled.  So, started over.  I actually used my small space heater to complete the embossing.  It slowly and evenly heated it.  I simply rested my plastic on a small box in front of the heater for about 20 minutes.  Voila!  Embossed with no ripples!

I used the Bo Bunny Snowfall collection for this.  Papers, trinkets, stickers.  But I also added a few other elements that I had in my stash.  I really loved the way this turned out and would have been perfectly happy if it had come home with me.  But, alas, the snowfall box now lives with Derek at Scrapp n Savvy.  I do think he, and all the other ladies there, really liked it.  I think they liked it enough that I will use it as a model for my February love notes project..........

Also,  just a little note on the side.......the Scrapp'n Sampler is NEXT weekend.  This is a great way for everyone to get to know the teachers and their style but also their are added benefits:  you walk out with a project!  There is still space.  Just go to www.scrappnsavvy.com to sign up.  For those who don't live here, visit the Scrapp'n Savvy website and/or razzilldazzilltime.blogspot.com to see some great projects for inspiration.

I hope to see you at the sampler.  Have a wonderful, safe New Year celebration.  Talk to you next year!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment