background

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sampler Project

As I posted the other day, the sampler at Scrapp n' Savvy was this weekend.  We take 2 days and hold 7 classes to introduce our customers to the projects that each instructor is teaching for the next 3 months.  We also make an awesome project!

I wanted to share my project with you.





Each student was given a Clear Scraps acrylic piece that has the word family cut out.  It measures 7"x24".  We then taught them how to apply alcohol inks to achieve different looks.  I was amazed how different everyone's looked even though most used the same colors as the main sample.  I chose to make mine in blue colors to go into our beachhouse.   I used pool, sky blue , and pearl alcohol inks.   You can see the pattern I achieved in the second photo.  The project came with a brown piece of Bazzill cardstock to place behind the acrylic.  Again I was amazed how changing the color of paper behind the acrylic changed the look of the project.  

I chose to frame my acrylic in a rustic wood frame which has burlap on the base of the inside of the frame.  I added burlap flowers, shells, and driftwood pieces to complete my look.

Acrylic is so versatile and easy to use.  Clear scraps has so many different designs too.  I hope you like it.  Enjoy the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment