background

Monday, April 14, 2014

What's on your desk?

It's been a bit since my last post.  Just got crazy with all the new projects.  My apologies to all.  I thought I would do a quick post today and a longer one latter this week.

 People always ask me "what's on your desk?"   How do you answer that one?  There is always a pile on my desk.  Nice, neat, orderly piles.  I can pick anything you want out of the pile.  However, to the idle bystander it probably looks like a mess.  What do you think?
 I told you!  Looks like a complete mess doesn't it?  Trust me.  It is orderly chaos!    See,  there is a bin with mixed media supplies for a class.  There is the new washi tape holder I made.  Then there is the cute planner I finished.  And some new things I have not put away.
 A view to the back of the desk shows my seam binding that I am working with now.  The huge tea mug.....gotta have my juice!  That pile?  It too is for a mixed media class.  Guess I better put it in the bin too.

 This is the cover of the planner from the last photo.  I just absolutely love this!  It came together so quickly and just holds my imagination captive.  The inside is filled with quotes that I like and of course my calendar.

 Thought I would give you a better look at the washi stand I made.  There is not a lot of room for the We R Memory Keepers bowl washi holder so I made a tall one!  It hold 3 sizes of washi rolls and has built in tear strips.  I saved several foil boxes and tore the metal tear strips from them to re-use on this.  I love it.
The back is just a hinged piece that ties closed at the top.  Easy access to add more washi tape!  I need to see it to use it so this allows me to see what I have.

So.  That's what is on my desk today.  What's on yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment