background

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My favorite

Who says you can't choose a favorite?  People do it every day.  I mean, it's not like I'm choosing between my children or anything.  What am I talking about you ask?  Well, let me show you...
 This is my next class project.  It is a vintage suitcase that holds a few little surprises inside.
 The outside is distressed and has a few little touches to lend a vintage flair to it.  Notice the lock on the front and the key dangling from the handle?
 Ooh la la!!!  This is the inside.  The right side has a shelf that holds some beachside keepsakes...a couple seashells, a miniature tropical painting, some sea glass, fish netting, and more.  The left side holds a mini album!  I was amazed when I completed the album to see how many pics I could actually put in it!
This is a closeup of the inside of the mini album (of course with a pic of my little guy!).

Now do you see why this is possibly my most favorite project ever?  I absolutely love the way it turned out!!!  I love the paper collection (Authentique's Fresh collection) and especially all the little things that make it look like a real suitcase.  When you see it closed and sitting on a table you really think it is a small suitcase!

I don't know about you but sometimes when I am working on a project I have misgivings about how it is looking.  Many times I don't even like what I have done until I see the whole thing completed.  Other times I love bits and pieces of what I am working on but then like the whole thing in the end.  There is just something about this one that I really loved all the way through.  It was a process of finding all the right elements (and the miniature hinges and latches were the most time consuming to find!) and making sure they fit the image I had in my mind.

This is my next class at Scrapp n' Savvy.  I will teach two sessions for this project and the first is this coming Monday.  Interested?  Go to the link and sign up!  I would love to see you there.  Don't live here?  Leave me a comment and I can get a kit to you.

I hope you love this little beauty as much as I do.  I'm off.....I have 5 little favorites to get moving.  School starts in 5 days!!! Can't believe summer is already over for us.  Looking forward to having some structure to my day but not looking forward to having kids gone all day.  It's always a catch 22!

Be inspired today.  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think of the suitcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment