background

Friday, September 19, 2014

Getting a jump on Halloween decorations

I don't know about you but in my house we love to decorate for Halloween!  I am not sure what it is about that holiday, but we really go all out for it.  Christmas is by far the holiday we decorate most for but Halloween comes in a close second.

Each year I think the retailers move up the date that they begin putting holiday items on display.  It is so frustrating!  I hate to buy anything (becuase seriously, where do I put it for the next 5 months?) but I also know that if I really want it , I have to buy it NOW.  It will not be there when I need it.  Halloween stuff will be long gone well before the actual holiday.  So, I have taken to making my own things for the holidays.

I was thrilled when Gecko Galz teamed with RHONDA"S ORIGINALS for the month of September. There are some seriously cute images there!  I thought I would share with you my samples using both product lines.

The first project I made is a small black cat matchbox.  The cat and witch hat is from Gecko Galz and the wings are from Rhonda's Originals.  I made the mini matchbox from cardstock and added the other images.



And the fun inside the matchbox:


Rhonda's Originals has some fun images for 3D work.  So for my next project I thought I would use one of those images.  I absolutely loved the roller skates she had.  So, I added the amazingly cute Gecko Galz cat, hat, and moon images to make:


The skate will sit up by itself on the tiny little gear wheels.  The moon is attached to a very thin piece of wire so it looks as if it is just floating above.


I am working on some fun projects to share with you for the month of October.  There will be a fun blog hop as well!

Enjoy your weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment