background

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A little graduation gift

Good morning on this lovely day.  I wish the weather would be like this all the time.  I love the mild humidity, cool temps in the am, and temps around 80 during the afternoon with a slight breeze.  I am so not looking forward to the normal Texas weather of high humidity and high heat!

Today I thought I would share with you a quick gift idea.  I have a son who is graduating high school this year.  Actually, this is my 3rd year to have a child graduate high school.  Whew!  Can you say "broke"?  The colleges love us right now!

I taught this class yesterday at Scrapp n' Savvy .  It is a fun little mini album for graduation.  First the pics:

 This really is a little one.  The album is only 5 x 6 and about 2 inches thick.  I chose black and white and then accented with the school colors (navy, white, and silver).  Making an album for a male proved to be quite a challenge.  No flowers or bling!  But I love the end result.


 I used 1" ring binders to hold the pages in.  I punched holes in the spine and placed the ring binders through from the outside to make a different look.  All of the pretty ribbons on the outside cover the hook of the ring binding.


 This picture gives you a little glimpse of the inside pages.  There are 7 and they are a variety of things.

Let me explain a bit.  About 2 years ago I saw a fun idea for a teacher gift on Pinterest.  The room mom  purchased a mini photo album and instead of pictures she collected cash donations from the students and placed the money inside each photo sleeve.  The teacher then had a nice gift!  I have altered that to fit my needs.  I decide how much I plan to gift the senior and place it in small bills throughout the mini album.  I add any pics I have but leave room for them to add their own.  It really makes a great gift!

I also made one that is not just graduation themed.  I love this Authentique paper line and I love how this mini looks!




Same basic book.  The pages are the same and the pockets are the same.  Amazes me how different they look.

I hope I inspired you today.  Be back soon with more.....

No comments:

Post a Comment