background

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Summer, dear summer

Oh, it's that time again.  Summer.  I just love summer.  I could do with a little less heat and humidity, but I still love summer.  I love having my kids home.  I love the freedom of the schedule (or lack thereof).  I love having more time in the day because we stay up longer (no rush for bed because there is no rush to get up at 6am).  I love exploring with my kids and trying new things.  The list just goes on and on.  This summer is a bit different than most for me.  My teenagers have jobs this summer.  Yes, jobs!  Wow, now I really feel old.  Kids having jobs though will absolutely change the dynamics of what we do.  I have already planned a trip for my two little ones that will not include the bigger kids.  Feels strange.  I am looking forward to loads of fun pictures though.  I need them to put in the cute albums I have planned!

Back to the scrapping happiness!  This past weekend I helped out at Scrapp n' Savvy while the wonderfully talented Karen Burniston demonstrated her new Sizzix die cuts.  She has the most amazing pop up die cuts!  I thoroughly enjoyed watching and listening to her demo these wonderful dies!  I learned quite a few tips and tricks.  Her new pop ups will be available this month from Sizzix.  I have attached a video below of one of the pop ups she has.  This is the card she gave to everyone as a take home.



So easy.  So cute.  So many possibilities.  I love that the sizzlits fit perfectly on the pop up dies.  And also that the movers and shakers fit the pop up die base.  If you want to see more you can visit the Sizzix website or search for Karen on YouTube.  Want to buy a set of the dies?  Go to Scrapp n' Savvy and you can purchase a set (the link is to the store website)!  I can hardly wait until my set arrives.

The sampler at Scrapp n' Savvy is at the end of June and I am busily making my projects for the next quarter.  So close to being done.....  I have really enjoyed making these projects this time.  I think I like what the projects are!  What are they you ask?  Well, there are of course mini albums (a vintage beach suitcase mini that is oh so cute and a vintage Christmas canvas mini that I love!), some home decor (think snowman, but not out of something traditional, and cute; a desk photo clip album), and just some other miscellaneous things (pendants, ornaments, etc...).  Once the sampler is closer I will post a few pics.  The snowman is already in the store and is getting quite a few responses (he and his little family are really cute).

Short post today.  I have lots to do to finish up my projects and I want to get an early startt!  Check out Karen's video.  It really is cool.  I hope you get inspired today but if you don't then maybe you will inspire someone else.  Blessings.                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment