background

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mini madness

I love making mini albums.  For some strange reason I struggle more with making a 12 x 12 LO than when making smaller ones.  I think I have always had this aversion.  I remember as a child taking art lessons and the teacher wanted me to paint 16 x 20 or 24 x 20 and I wanted to paint 5 x 7 or 8 x 10.  Ironically, when I do paint big it turns out just fine (so do my 12 x 12 LO's).  I guess I just prefer small.

I especially like minis though.   I have so many.  There are those that are really just too pretty, those for specific occasions, and those that just hold a ton of pics, even though they are tiny.  So, I thought I would share some pics with you of some of my minis.
 This pretty little thing is about 4 x 6.  I used a variety of paper on it and a TH binding (love those things!)  The tabbed pages are really cute.

 Inside pages of the album.  Some pages hold tags, some have flip pages.  Every other page has an opening on the side for tags.  And of course, distress inked.
 These are the simplest of the simple minis.  I make, and sell, tons of these.  The albums fit in the palm of your hand and are great to drop in your handbag, sit on your desk, or for a guy to keep in his computer bag.  The inside has little decoration but can hold up to 22 pics!
 I love using all my little paper pieces from other projects on these minis.  I feel that I am getting the most from my paper pack purchase!  And it is amazing what little leftover embellishments you have laying around that are perfect for these!
 These went fast!  The neutral palate appealed to a lot of people.
Mommy, or Grandma, brag book.  Perfect for the purse or desk.  Again, embellished only on the outside.  I always tie them closed or have some type of closure so they stay nice when bumping around in a purse!

I made my first one years ago and got hooked!  I think it was the mini you can make that uses one 12 x 12 page for all the pages.  About 2 years ago I made a tiny one (pics are about 1.5 x 2) that has all my favorite pics of my family in it.  It used all my scraps from an album I had made and loaded the front with flowers and ribbons and such.  It has bumped around in my purse, has been used to show people how to add the photos, and has been passed around to show off my kids.  It does show some wear:  a few flowers are no longer with us and the pretty little ribbons have fallen off (need to tie them better!).  Finally, the button closure gave up its fight and the button fell off (I have more!).  I just love that something I made has lasted this long with so much abuse and love.  I hate the thought of making a new one because I really like the paper I have on this one!  Oh, well.  I know I will have to.  Maybe this one can retire to my bedside table for an easier life.

Keep checking back this week.  I have several more pics to add of minis.  For you local gals, I have a class this Saturday teaching my Country Garden mini deskflip album.  Check the Scrap n' Savvy website to come and play with us!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment