background

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I love this!!!

I don't know about you, but I am seriously addicted to Pinterest!  I have to limit my time looking at pinterest or I will absolutely get lost in my own little world and forget my responsibilities!  I love, just love, looking at the home decor, the recipes, and of course the craft/diy pages.  I have tried numerous things that have appeared on pinterest and have been exceedingly happy with the outcome.  I have even posted a few (like the necklaces I made some time ago).  Well, welcome to today.....I needed to make a teacher appreciation gift for 2 of my kids teachers.  And, well, I saw this really cool thing on pinterest.  And, well, I can do that I thought.  So here they are:
 This was made for our religion teacher.  The picture is Our Lady of Perpetual Help.  The whole piece has gilded edges and stands about 18 " tall.  I LOVE how this turned out.
And this one is for my second grader's teacher.  It is a pin board (for photos, notes, etc...)  I took the photo before I made 2 butterflies that are on pins to add to the board.  Majorly cute.

So, to give proper thanks.......I pinned this idea from allthingzrelated.blogspot.com.  She had made it in blue with a bird's nest....really cute.  My mind just went a different way.  I love that it did not take me long to make, maybe an hour.  Also, I am really impressed with how they look.  It is really hard to tell that I made them.  I hope the teachers are as impressed as I am.

What do you think?  What would you make yours look like?  Oh, I have to go.....it's my pinterest time!

No comments:

Post a Comment