background

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

This and that

It seems that life is rolling on by.....I think I stay so busy I forget to blog sometimes!  I thought today I would share just some different things.  Usually I am posting my Gecko Galz designs about this time each month but I changed it up a little this time.  Go grab a cup of tea and enjoy.

First up:

I wanted to share this because I just LOVE how it turned out.  You see, here in Texas we are silly crazy about all things Texas!  This was a 3d layout class I had in August.  I love how the paper looks like old leather.  How the flowers turned out.  How the grungepaper looks like real leather.
Just all over goodness.


The flowers were made using Elizabeth Craft Designs dies.  I used the Garden Notes Rose 2 and the Bluebonnet dies.  I had never made the flowers before.  I think they turned out awesome!


The star is made from paper as well.  Once I made the 3D star I painted it with silver precious metals.  Love that stuff!  Then I added it to the red bandana rosette (made from a napkin!).  The picture is extra special because I made it for a friend.  That is her and her husband.  Such lovebirds!  And the fenceboards are from Scrapp n' Savvy!  Just so many things to love!

Also this summer I had a class in which we made a mini suitcase.  We built the whole thing from scratch and then added a mini album inside!  They were so much fun to make and decorate.  Just a tidbit to show here:


Well, as we say in Texas, I hope y'all have a good one!

1 comment: