background

Monday, July 13, 2015

What are you creating

I often wonder how my posts affect those who read it.  I wonder if I have served as inspiration, if I made you smile, or did I pass on a technique.  Well, I hope that I inspired you in some way!

A few more inspirations...

I recently made this mini for a class at Scrapp n' Savvy.  I thought it was perfect for the few 4th pictures I would be taking or perhaps as a military memory book.  Whatever the reason, it was fun to make:

I began with a pre-made mini (which I so rarely do) that was a mixed media book.  It contained chipboard, watercolor paper, acrylic, cardboard, and more.  I loved working with all the different substrates.  Some of the pages were painted.  Others were stenciled.  I even stitched on one!  Full of pockets and tags it will hold more than I expected.



You know I LOVE Gecko Galz.  I love that there are so many images to sooth my creative mind.  And I can do anything with them!  Well,  I found that I needed some small note cards that were rather generic but pretty.  So, off to Gecko Galz.  I found these images in this month's kit and they were perfect.  It is a sheet of them.  I trimmed them to fit on small notecards and double matted them.  Added some thin twine and stickle and DONE!  Perfect.  The recipients have loved them too.  It looks like I spent some time making them but in reality I think I was done in half an hour! LOVE.


And this.  I cannot express how pleased at the end product of this layout.  I think a huge part is I love the subject matter!  Hehe.  I made this with some of the papers from Authentique's Durable line.  Really smitten with those papers!  Had a blast making the chipboard gears look like real, rusty metal gears!  Lots of mixed media techniques.  It looks awesome framed and hanging in the gameroom.

Well,  I hear stirrings in the house which means I better get a move on!  I hope you have a great day.  Inspire someone today!

No comments:

Post a Comment