background

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Inspired

There are so many talented ladies on the Gecko Galz Design Team.  It just amazes me.  So, there I am this morning, just surfing through Facebook and boom!  there they are!  Posted on our little group are the lovely photos of new works from some of the ladies!  And poof!  Inspiration hits!

So, this is what I made:





 To make this, I began with with a bare wood "book" box that I purchased from Michaels.  It has a hinged front and a small magnetic closure.

I added several of the postcards from Gecko Galz Postal using matte medium.  Once it was dry, I painted the entire surface (even over the postcards) with pink and green Viva Decor shimmer paints.  The wood really soaked them up so I had to make a couple rounds with the paint.  Next, I painted the scroll frame with gold shimmer paint.

The inside of the box was covered with Primavera papers from Itkupilli (Deviant Scrap).  These green papers are so lucious!  The photos do not do them justice.  Lots of details and depth.  I also used these papers to cover the outside book edges and the back of the scroll frame.

Next, fussy cut the floral heart (again from Deviant Scrap).  I printed several of this image so I could fussy cut specific areas.  Adhere the frame to the front of the book.  Using matte medium, add the main floral heart image.  I then added different areas with foam tape.  I added pearls of different sizes and colors, a small cream bow, and more Gecko Galz images (the butterfly from Birds and Butterflies).   You will also see a bit of my vintage lace stash on the spine and around the frame.  To complete the book I added a bit of Precious Metals in Lilac to highlight areas.

Gecko Galz has amazing images ladies.  You really should check them out:  Gecko Galz.  Also, it is voting time on the website.  Follow the link and you can see other projects from the Design Team for this cross promotion.  Vote for the one you like the best (mine is that last one shown, hint hint ) and you get some freebies!!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...Terri this is gorgeous! What a beautiful altered box.

    ReplyDelete