background

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Stationer's Desk

What a lovely morning!  It seems like the last few days, a week even, have flown by.  I have been designing and teaching quite a bit this past week.  Maybe that's why time has flown!  After a good night's sleep I awoke to the most lovely sunrise!  Great way to start a busy day.

Yesterday I taught the Stationer's Desk mini album class.  I designed this mini album using Prima's Stationer's Desk paper collection, hence the name.  I fell in love with the deep, rich colors of the line and of course the fact it has gorgeous roses!  I think the different patterns are wonderful to make a variety of fun paper crafts.  Want to see?.....
 This is the front cover.  The paper collection has some wonderful small accents like the ATC card pack and the chipboard pieces.   I also purchased the small post card stamp and it fits in perfectly with the line.  The large flower is also Prima from the Engraver collection.  And, keeping with the theme, the other flowers are also Prima!.  I made the butterfly pin from swarovski crystals and some jewelry charms.  The enameled tag hanging from the center ribbon is a Tim Holtz tag that I inked with Caramel alcohol ink to distress it a bit more.

This mini album is bit unusual.  I added a clipboard for the back cover.  It measures 6 x 9 and is made using the new Tim Holtz clipboard piece.  I absolutely love those!  You can make a clipboard from anything!  My albums always have interactive pages and this one doesn't disappoint.  Each page either has a flap that lifts, a pocket, or two, or maybe even both!  That means there is a ton of space for pictures.  I designed 2 projects for this quarter that I have just fallen in love with.  This is one of those.  I may not even put pics in it.  I love it just the way it is!

This is the inside back showing the clipboard.  Clipped onto it is an extra large tag.  You can also see the small clip on the upper right side.  I added a small chain between 2 7Gypsies alligator clips.  A clip on the back cover and the other on the front and poof!  The book has an adorable little closure.  (You can also see it in the first picture.  There is a tiny burgundy sheer ribbon tied to it as wel)

Take a look at the Gallery for more page pictures.  Enjoy.  Love the paper?  Scrapp n' Savvy has the collection.

Have a blessed day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment