background

Thursday, October 25, 2012

What I've Been Up To

As always, life around here is chaotic.  There are days that I fall into bed and wonder (the next day of course) how did I do all that?  I have become a master at last minute things.  I can make a costume in 5 minutes and still get everyone to school on time.  I can remember where everyone has placed their important things and even the not so important things...kinda like a human data base!  And make dinner.  And get everyone to whatever activity.  And make sure the cupcakes get done for the party.  And...... Sound like I'm tooting my horn?  Well, maybe.  But every single mom I know does this.  Once you become a mom you somehow obtain these superhuman mom powers to do all this stuff!!!

 So, let's bring my feet back to terra firma!  I'm going to introduce you to my very own Frankenstein.  I made him.  Complete.  My design.  My hands.  My mistakes.  :)

So, here goes.  Meet Frank:
 Frank is my solution to a side desk.  I find that I like to have certain items at hand when I am creating but don't like to waste my precious desk space for them.  So I made Frank!!  I have the white cubes for all my stuff and they stack, but the roller base just does not work well. It inhibits drawers opening or getting stuff out of cubbies.  And there is no space for the extra junk.    Frank does it all.  He has casters, holds the 2 cubes with space for my extras and has a working space on top!  I love that when I am not working or don't need it, I can just roll it out of the way.  It doesn't look too bad.  (I did have my husband add 2 cross bars at the back the next day since it swayed so badly!)
 Now do you see why I call it Frank?  I used some old wood that we had in the garage to make it.  Some shelves, some just pieces.  Add measure?  HA!  Not me.....I just eyeballed it and made it work!
 From the side you can see my creation and how it is put together.

Well, I love Frank!  It is just so incredibly useful and that is what matters.  I only spent $8 on the casters.  While I was moving a few things to Frank I realized that the system I used to hold my paper collections under my desk was really not working well for me.  I have been slowly going through everything and cleaning out for a garage sale at the scrapbook store.  I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time and purchased this cube system (see pic below) for $2!!!  Perfectly fits in the closet and now I have amazingly easy access to all my paper collections.  I love that!  I then placed things that I really don't need very often under my work table.
I really love it when something comes together in the end.  I guess I am an organizational freak because I like things in their places.  And of course I need to be able to get to everything easily or I won't use it (lesson learned!!!)

Just thought I would share this with you today.  Frank and I have work to be done.  Look for some cute tags in a few days.  In the mean time, have a scrappin good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment